Keeping Cool at Walt Disney World - Orlando / Florida Guide
Florida Guide > Hints and Tips
Everyone loves to take a summer vacation, and one of the best places to visit is the theme park capital of the world, in Orlando, Florida.
Summertime, as you would expect in a tropical climate, can be very hot but don’t let this put you off visiting. There are plenty of ways to combat the heat whilst visiting Walt Disney World, and I hope these hints and tips will be of some help to you.
1) Always take a hat to the parks, especially for children, plenty of high factor sunscreen and lots of drinking water.
2) Drinks in the parks can be expensive, for example of bottle of water can be $2. 50 or more, whereas in the supermarkets they are less than $1. We each take a bottle of water in with us and then top it up from the numerous water fountains throughout the parks.
3) Plan to arrive at the parks early in the morning and visit the outdoor attractions first thing if possible. This way, when the sun is at its most intense, between midday and 3 pm, you can be inside having lunch or visiting the indoor attractions,
4) Take a break from the parks during the midday heat and head back to your villa for a dip in the pool or a short nap. You can then return to the parks later in the day and stay until they close. The parks stay open a lot later during the summer months.
5) If you do intend to go on any of the rides or attractions during the hottest part of the day, use a Fastpass (if the ride is a popular one, it is almost inevitable that it will be a Fastpass attraction). This way you will avoid waiting in line during the sweltering heat.
6) Instead of walking from one attraction to another, if possible, hop aboard the train in Magic Kingdom, or take a horse-drawn streetcar.
7) If you are visiting Animal Kingdom head over to the Kali River Rapids. You’ll be guaranteed a soaking and a sure way to cool yourself down!
8) The queue for the Jungle Cruise in Magic Kingdom is well shaded and the canopy boats provide shelter from the sun. Ariel’s Grotto has a kids’ play area with interactive water features where they can cool down and splash around for as long as they like.
9) The Voyage of the Little Mermaid and the 3D Muppet show in MGM Studios are in air-conditioned theatres. Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is under cover too with huge fans overhead.
There are plenty of other attractions in the parks where you can keep cool; it’s just a matter of being sensible. After all you don’t want to spoil what should be your holiday of a lifetime!
We aim to provide accurate and useful information, but if you feel anything provided here is not accurate or out of date, please email us with the address of the page concerned and any comments so we can amend as necessary.
Page added on: 1 February 2012
Viewed 2984 times since 1 February 2012.
There are no photos available for this article at the moment.
Villa Owners: Upload A Photo To This Article
To upload a photo for consideration, click here. Please only submit photos relevant to this article.
Other Articles Viewed
The following articles were also viewed by people who looked at this one:
Bookmark This Article
These sites allow you to store and share links over the internet. You can share the links with other users or just use them to access your links from any computer you are using. More information is available here.